Thursday, November 19, 2009

Roommate

So after a blissful month and a half of having this entire apartment to myself, I just learned tonight that I will be getting a roommate on Saturday. He's an older gentleman named Darren, a doctor from the UK. I met him when he first came to look at the place, and he seems nice enough. At this point, I don't even care, as I'll be out of town for a week when my mom visits, and he will be moving out 3 days after I return. So in total, he'll really only be here for about 2 and a half weeks while I'm here. No big deal.

I guess what really surprises me about the whole thing is that Leslie was actually able to find someone willing to pay 350 euros for rent. The room has no door, just a curtain, no dresser, no internet connection (unless Leslie can figure out how to configure the wi-fi here-- I use a cable), and a lawn-chair bed. I probably have to explain what I mean by that last phrase. Picture a lawn chair that you might find on the beach-- a tube frame with fold-out legs that sits about 6 inches off the ground. Strips of plastic going from one side to the other to support a 3-inch thick "mattress." I thought I had it bad when Leslie exchanged the big queen size bed I had when I first moved in for the futon I sleep on now. Guess I should be thankful now that I know what my other option was.

60 hours left of class-- too much to do and not enough time to do it all, but trying my best to stay motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment